JOHN ARRIETA, PE, PTOE
Traffic Engineering & Planning Manager
Traffic Engineering & Planning Manager, John Arrieta, PE, PTOE, focuses on transportation planning and engineering, project development and environment (PD&E), and traffic operations and safety engineering. He oversees our Traffic Engineering & Planning team who provide traffic operational and safety analyses and development of feasible improvements; signal warrant analysis, signal timing and operational analysis, and signal design; data collection: traffic counts, travel time and delay studies; traffic forecasting; traffic calming; preparation and review of Interchange Access Requests (IOAR, IMR, SIMR, and IJR); preparation and review of site development traffic impact studies; and policy and long-range planning. Some of John’s more significant projects include: SR 93/I-75 at SR 820/Pines Blvd. Interchange Modification Report; Palm Beach County’s SR 9/I-95 Manage Lanes Master Plan; Broward County’s SR 9/I-95 Interchange Master Plan, winner of the 2016 FICE (ACEC-FL) Excellence in Engineering Award for Special Projects; FDOT D4’s Districtwide Traffic Operations Studies; and FDOT D6’s Districtwide Traffic Operations Safety Studies.
- 23+ Years of Experience
- Registered Professional Engineer, State of Florida #61370
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer, Transportation Professional Certification Board, Inc.
- ME Civil Engineering/Transportation, University of Maryland, 2000
- BS Civil Engineering, University of Maryland, 1996
- Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) Member